2020 Spring Skills Clinic
Date: March 9th – March 12th, 2020
Location: Canlan Ice Arena
Cost: $149.00 (Early registration $134.00 by February 15th, 2020)
Squirt/Peewee: 6:20-7:20p.m. Monday through Thursday
Bantam/Mid./HS: 7:30-8:30 Monday through Thursday
Spring Skills Clinic was developed to help players add to or refine skills learned during the previous fall season. Puckhandling and shooting are the two most skill sets that can be most improved through some technical instruction and high repetition. Then the skills can be applied in the less pressure sensitive spring season.
Puck Control will include:
- Push and go for maximum speed while holding the puck
- Beating a one-on-one with less moves and more speed
- Puck protection in corners and along the boards
- Set up for passing and shooting
- Wrist Shot with quick release
- Snap Shot
- Slap Shot
- Net Play
- Body Leverage for harder shot with less effort
- Eye-hand-stick coordination for accuracy
All skills are taught in a common sense manner with an emphasis on skills used in games. While “dangling” looks great, those opportunities, at higher levels, are less prevalent and less successful. While shooting the puck hard is great; it is much more important to release the shot quickly and on target.
If you have any questions, please contact Don Lewis at 630.947.3017 or via email at Lew1161@yahoo.com.
If you would like to register and pay another way, please contact Don Lewis directly.